New to the forum and the hobby.

Hi everyone,

My name is Dylan, but I guess I'll be known as Fantasmoslam on here. For the sake of brevity you can call me Fanta or Fantasmo, or Dylan, or whatever.

Anyway, I'm not entirely new to the idea of tiny wheeled vehicles, but I have never owned or ridden a proper mini-bike.
I've got 2 decades experience customizing and restoring Honda C70 Passports and all other manner of vintage Honda bikes, so there's that.

I'm looking to get in to this scene due to needing a change of pace and growing inability to find affordable vintage Hondas on account of their valuation increasing. New things are good, so here I am.

I'm a complete noob to this aspect of motorized vehicles, so I would appreciate any and all help that comes my way.

Cheers!

Hi Dylan!
Read the build off section and you will get a real good idea what it takes to re do a mini in any number of configurations ...

Have fun amigo!

Sixpac440,

Thanks for the welcome!

I had a look in there, but I think I'm not particularly interested in restoring vintage so much as I am looking for a cheap point of entry into the hobby. Some of these vintage minis have price points similar to vintage Hondas or bikes I've worked on in the past, which isn't what I'm looking to do. I need to find a mini that I can "Mad Max" out and make it terrifying to ride.

I think I'm more interested in finding a beat up mini and making it scary. The low cost of entry is what is important to me rather than the restoration of a vintage mini, but there are some beautiful examples in that section of the forum.

This is absolutely what I want to do with whatever I end up getting albeit far less clean and much more haggard looking. I need an apocalyptic vehicle in my life.