NorCal mini drag dream

Hi all starting my first drag project. A little background wife bought a minibike for me at a local garage sale 25$ had a 3hp brigs. Was fun for about a week or two and it got put up in the garage. I ran into a video of a mini drag bike just happened to be a video by MDB I looked more into the engines every one was using ie. gx clones ect. Turned out had two HF motors in the garage and a box of stuff from the gokarts past. So off we go! I will post more when I can figure out the picture upload process I have a lot of pictures and plan to post as step by step as I can.

Welcome to the site . Yea MDB builds some fast stuff , i got to met him in 2012 when i went to Cali to funday .

Also went to compton and watched Charles aka MDB run his bikes on carab st .

Good luck with your build , if you need any help just ask .

Ok so here we go. I want everyone to understand I'm trying to pull this build off as close to free as possible. I found a yerf dog go kart that I took 1" axle bearings and part of the frame so that I could clear the 18x8x8 tire that was on the yerf dog ( I do plan to buy a jr dragster slick from jegs ) after striping my mini frame down I mocked up the new axle and tire with the cut down yerf dog frame bits. So far it still making me smile when I see it and in my mind it's all about smiles per mile cant wait to ride it
Till next time
Norcalputput out

On a Side note I would like to post photos but don't have a clue how from my I phone any help would be cool

Ok had to get tap talk going so I could upload photos we will back track a little
this is the 25$ bike i striped the
Frame down
in the second photo shows the frame bare except the chain.
this is the 1" yerf dog axle I'm cutting down for the live axle
bearing from the yerf dog kart and the new rear half of my frame
the new rear tire mocked up more bracing will come soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is just a more pictures of the frame
10ft roller chain#40 got it from napa part# 725-1431 about 18$ and some change
my houched clone gx motor I'll break the motor down to show the build later when the frame is done
the free yerf dog frame I'm hacking at for parts

worked more on the frame making sure thing are as square as they can be
happy with the way it sits zip it up
lower supports installed two upper supports will follow got a few things from arc
.020 rod and lightweight flywheel so I don't have to get shunned for spinning 7k on cast parts

copper tubing I used for a shim for the steering bolt
with the steering mounted and rear wheel installed with spacers should work ok I rode it down the hill under the power of gravity she's smooth I have to slot the motor plate to allow for chain adjustment as for the upper supports I'm thinking a hoop over the tire that Has the seat as part of it will work ok

So I'm trying to come up with color ideas for the frame black is just to plain reds been done I want it to look like its going fast in the pits I would like to do poss two to three colors but choosing colors will be the hardest part of the whole project so till then I've got a slow day at work so I will post the engine build
this is the HF clone motor I ran on a past kart it was all stock internals in the kart with a header and a keihin carb and the gov axed. Kart long gone its drag bike time.
the stock cam at .222 or some where in that area I got frisky one night and
made my own it now sports .282" and I brought the lsa back a bit not going to go full into specs
but it runs good problem1 rod and 2 Flywheel i could string till she floated digging through some parts I had found a 14cc head and got to porting
stock piston -.035 in the hole .020+ rod from arc
went step by step .003 for oil clearance
installed the piston and rod
lapped the flywheel in
and installed the stock fan
I'll do some more in the morning if I get time till then

All mocked up broke it down took the rotating mass to the machine shop for balancing working on a home made duel valve spring setup for the 14cc head using a set of dirt bike valve springs placed on the inside of stock springs
there is a ledge inside the head that the valve guide stops on I had to rework the area as best I could with what tooling I have
now the valve springs can lay flush
got this giant pumper carb off a buddy might be a little aggressive so I'm not sure what to do with it o well a update on the frame I'm thinking tangelo
more to come Xmas will be here soon happy holidays to all

All mocked up broke it down took the rotating mass to the machine shop for balancing working on a home made duel valve spring setup for the 14cc head using a set of dirt bike valve springs placed on the inside of stock springs
there is a ledge inside the head that the valve guide stops on I had to rework the area as best I could with what tooling I have
now the valve springs can lay flush
got this giant pumper carb off a buddy might be a little aggressive so I'm not sure what to do with it o well a update on the frame I'm thinking tangelo
more to come Xmas will be here soon happy holidays to all

Wow can you help me with some engine work idk much about porting ect. I have no problem paying but would also like to learn how to do it.

So after a week at the machine shop I stopped by to check on progress I was warned that he's a one man show and can take his time so I Gus's I'm in for the ride I may go with some one else for the big bore build we will see how it turns out so I started painting
I sprayed primer over the wet sanded cover
a coat of some gold for fun I've got a little free time with honey do's
so I'm going to play
it might come out ok or not we will see so after a little masking sprayed a coat of candy red
and in the morning I will do some more masking and painting