Oilfield Dodge 1920 promomotional film

WLB

Hard to believe those old cars could go through that much mud. My two wheel drive Blazer would have buried itself in the first 20 feet.

toomanytoys

Can't see the video at work.

But back in the day, my Dad had a Suzuki Samurai. We were in a hard spot, and he needed tires. He put the cheapest, skinniest, straight rib tires on it that he could get.

We fished a lot in those days, and went off road a bit to get to the fishing holes. That thing was a tank! Underpowered, skinny tires, and 4x4 you couldn't hang that stupid thing up. I'm not talking going through huge mud holes, I mean just going through fields, slippery mud and crap like that. It went great.

Wow! That car runs through the bad stuff better than my Ford 4X4 does. Plus, it's easier to flip over in case of an overturn. LOL! Great video Yoop.

Awesome video!
Thats pretty cool seeing them bouncing around... looks like a good time.

Keep in mind them skinny tires dig right down to where they can get traction, while wider tires "float" on a layer of slick crap...
Atleast thats how I understand it.

My dad was telling me him and his buddies one time had a big ole banana boat cadillac car, they had some narrow tires on it and they were going all over the countryside in a snow storm without any trouble.

Last edited:
@ 1:36, I really don't think they needed to roll the car all the way over to get it back on 4 wheels. That just seemed a little dramatic. :laugh: And what about all those horses? That's more than just mud they're driving around in.