OldMiniBikes's new forum

fistfullabar

Yeah, where is the Historical Section on this Old Mini Bike's Forum? We're turning :chinese:
You know dave it is funny everybody here is so american but the pred is a bootleg honda! So a cheap copy of a japanese design is best for "american mini bikes"? And why is our freedom loving citizens so quick to send money to a communist country? Site is great!:thumbsup: tippy for president!!!!

You know dave it is funny everybody here is so american but the pred is a bootleg honda! So a cheap copy of a japanese design is best for "american mini bikes"? And why is our freedom loving citizens so quick to send money to a communist country? Site is great!:thumbsup: tippy for president!!!!
Because part of being American is seeking the cheapest possible item for the lowest possible cost. No other factors enter in to it. This is manifest if you walk into K-Mart. Last time I was there, I felt like I'd walked into a tourist trinket shop in Hong Kong.

Or fly a US carrier airline, where an average man's knees are buried into the seat in front, a nasty sandwich costs 8 bucks, and your suit case costs $25, but since we're too cheap to pay that, we lug this mammoth "hand carry" bag on for free, and screw the next passenger, who's "hand carry" now wont fit above his seat. (But screw the other guy, it's all about "me") And since we're paying so little, their isn't really any need for courteous flight attendants.

After that, flying a third-world countries' national airline is rolling in first class. No, we patriotic folks can justify our decisions a myriad of ways. We can come up with all sorts of excuses to save a buck, even if it goes against our moral principles.

What were we talking about again?

whoa...........the above is all true to me...and I bought a preditor......but I miss the days when things were built better and I hate that most everything in todays world is throw away.....im in this hobby partly because it takes me back to my youth, when time went by slower and things were simple.....I say Gerry for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoa...........the above is all true to me...and I bought a preditor......but I miss the days when things were built better and I hate that most everything in todays world is throw away.....im in this hobby partly because it takes me back to my youth, when time went by slower and things were simple.....I say Gerry for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: I'd buy one too, if I needed to. But yeah, I was going to comment yesterday that the Predator is the epitome of today's cheap, toss it away mentality. But on their worst days, they run better than any flathead. However I doubt a given engine will be powering mini bikes 40 years from now, like the flatheads.

fistfullabar

I bought the 79cc engine when i 1st got back into this and after 2 days of banging a 5/8s clutch on a 16mm shaft and then taking just as long to get it off i promptly returned it! Now i get used or N.O.S. off brand 2 and 4 stroke motors. Or a real deal honda!!