Pack Mule bed box?

GEFFW

Panel fab is coming together! Tied the design of the headlight into the front side panels. Going to do the front fender and the same design into a taneau cover too.
20240113_215744.jpg

Attachments

I enjoy watching concepts become reality. Any plans to line the bottom of the frame? You might be surprised about how far back the front tire will sling stuff.

GEFFW

I enjoy watching concepts become reality. Any plans to line the bottom of the frame? You might be surprised about how far back the front tire will sling stuff.
JimN, that's a good question! I hadn't really thought about that. The front has a plate going all the way down but I'll have to take a look at the bottom and see what I can do. I didn't post a picture but I actually made a couple panels behind the motor that filled most of that in to help keep things cleaner. This has been a fun project. I didn't really have a solid plan when I started but it came together really good. I always liked the old scooters so I kinda had that idea but I didn't expect things to turn out as good as they are. Nice to get lucky every once in a while!

GEFFW

JimN, that's a good question! I hadn't really thought about that. The front has a plate going all the way down but I'll have to take a look at the bottom and see what I can do. I didn't post a picture but I actually made a couple panels behind the motor that filled most of that in to help keep things cleaner. This has been a fun project. I didn't really have a solid plan when I started but it came together really good. I always liked the old scooters so I kinda had that idea but I didn't expect things to turn out as good as they are. Nice to get lucky every once in a while!
JimN, here is the panel I made in behind the motor. I still need to clearance a little more for the chain. I looked and I think you're right, a pan underneath will be a good idea and super easy to make.

Attachments

When I was doing shake down runs before the "final disassembly" and paint job, I noticed my front tire was slinging stuff under the front fender onto the bottom of the frame and the back tire was slinging stuff forward through the opening where the rear fender stopped. I pretty much did the same thing you did. Granted my tires are larger, 19x7-8, with a more aggressive tread pattern, but still, I thought it worth mentioning.
On mine I used some flexible liner I had saved from an old garden planter that was torn down. mini bike 33a.jpg mini bike 34a.jpg

GEFFW

When I was doing shake down runs before the "final disassembly" and paint job, I noticed my front tire was slinging stuff under the front fender onto the bottom of the frame and the back tire was slinging stuff forward through the opening where the rear fender stopped. I pretty much did the same thing you did. Granted my tires are larger, 19x7-8, with a more aggressive tread pattern, but still, I thought it worth mentioning.
On mine I used some flexible liner I had saved from an old garden planter that was torn down. View attachment 310183 View attachment 310184
Nice JimN! I like the square frame. I almost forgot, I had like a large plastic floor tile that looks like carbon fiber that I thought about using for the shield behind the motor that would work great on the bottom that I can use. Should look good and have a little flex.

I think at this point you are obligated to powder coat the frame. :D
Farm work huh? :p

"Tonneau cover for the box, what a pain in my ass! I think I'm going to stick to metal fab! "

Maybe so, but you have skills, no doubt about it. :cool:

GEFFW

I think at this point you are obligated to powder coat the frame. :D
Farm work huh? :p

"Tonneau cover for the box, what a pain in my ass! I think I'm going to stick to metal fab! "

Maybe so, but you have skills, no doubt about it. :cool:
JimN, Thanks! Well you know GEFFW stands for Good Enough For Farm Work! what can I say, my dad had high standards here on the farm, if you're going to do something, do your best, that's all that matters.