Potential Florida Dirt Ride

I am trying to organize a fun day for off roading 2 wheels near Lake Okechobee. This post is just to see if there is enough interest in order to make it worth while. There will be a very small fee for the property owner. We will supply the space you bring: bike, helmet, appropriate attire (to be determined later), and fuel. Late July 2012. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still in a brainstorming phase here. Got ideas?? all depends on the land owner, throw stuff at me. No Karts.
Might have to be late August actually

Last edited:

gbabins1

"Probably"???? :glare:

Need to get Markus to come down too.... He's just picked up a couple sweet new bikes that would be about perfect for a dirt ride. :thumbsup:

Okeechobee is a bit of a drive... but with some notice, I should be able to make it (I'm on call every 5th week) :anon.sml:

gbabins1

Speaking of Markus...I started working on that mini I picked up from him (I'll post pics soon) I sand blasted that frame...the entire thing was brazed. All the way down to the chain adjusters in the rear. Pretty cool. I did see that post with the new mini he picked up :thumbsup:

Speaking of Markus...I started working on that mini I picked up from him (I'll post pics soon) I sand blasted that frame...the entire thing was brazed. All the way down to the chain adjusters in the rear. Pretty cool. I did see that post with the new mini he picked up :thumbsup:
I stopped by his place a few weekends ago on my way (not really on my way whatsoever) back home from Ocala. Right before He picked up the bonanza, my bonanza that is.... :biggrin: Just hung out in the garage and BS'ed for a while.

Post up some pics of that one you're working on..... Crap man, I forgot what the heck it was now..... :shrug:

So you picked up a Bonanza from him? What are you're plans with that one?
:laugh: Naw, he picked up a Bonanza... I saw it on CL in Ft Myers and had called the seller a few days before I went up to Ocala, thinking I'd be on the road anyway so I could try to get it on the way back. I called the seller and decided quickly that I didn't want to deal with them and that was that.

There's a pic of the bike in this thread...
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what/61273-whats-one.html

Well when I went to see Markus, we got talking about it and I told him the same story..... Then not too long after, he went down and had to dig it out from under a pile of watermelons in the back of this guy's truck. :facepalm:

So the win-win part is that he dealt with watermelon guy for me, gets to enjoy a cool bike for a while, and I get to buy it from him when he's tired of it! He may or may not know about that last part there.... :shifty: