Preadtor 212 dies when throttled up

Hey Guys, I'm at a lost with this motor. Could really use some help. I have a brand new 212, header, air filter kit, and 037 jet, and 140 e tube installed. It starts fine but runs at a high idle and when i give it a little throttle it dies. I've try cleaning the carb, using the 036 jet. nothing works. even try taking gas cap off to see if I had a vacuum leak. Change spark plug to Autolite 63, matched old one at local shop. Any thoughts or comments welcome. Thanks

That gas cap wasn't for the vacuum leak. That was to see if you were starving for fuel due to a cap with a vent problem. I should have clarified on FB. Start it and try spraying a little carb cleaner near where the carb meets the head. You may have a cracked insulator. Also, pull the plug and see if it looks sooty or rich. With that combo it shouldn't be. Another sign of a vacuum leak...

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Thanks minibikin' for all you suggestions, here and Fb. not sure why i wrote vacuum leak, instead of vent problem, with gas cap. opps. I have good gas flow. I removed the plug and it was all carbon-ed up , sooty. I cleaned it up the best i could and put it back in. Now it wont even start. I can't believe this engine is kicking my a$$, I thought I was mechanically incline, guess not.

this might be way off but my brother had problems starting his and I redid the lash and it started right up. maybe just take a peak for good measure.

I would suggest adjusting your air screw, which is the brown screw, either in or out to adjust the airflow. Also, you said that it idles high so you might want to adjust the black screw by the throttle linkage on top of the carb out.

How'd it run before your add on's ? Does choke have any effect ? I just did upgrades and I'm down to 140 emulsion and 34 jet. Although 36,37 ran ok and didn't die.

do you get any backfire? Spray starter fluid in carb ?