Predator 212 surging

Just put predator 212 in neighbors bike. Stock 212 besides an air filter adapter and a 95 jet. Today was fire up.day. Got running and it's surging at full throttle you can see govonor arm opening and closing the butterfly. Engine rpm is 3860 to 3720 ish when it surges. He doesn't want to bypass govonor if possible he has a kid that rides it occasionally. How do we prevent the surging? I'm out of ideas

When the governor hits the adjusted rpm the motor will modulate the throttle and that causes a slight surging which is normal.
Right I understand how it works but the drive ability is not there. If we take off full throttle it surges and bucks just trying to figire out how to smooth it out

Right I understand how it works but the drive ability is not there. If we take off full throttle it surges and bucks just trying to figire out how to smooth it out
Look up under the fuel tank.
See what hole the spring is in, and move it to the farthest right.
If it's too fast for the kid, turn the throttle stop screw in to slow it down.

Attachments

Look up under the fuel tank.
See what hole the spring is in, and move it to the farthest right.
If it's too fast for the kid, turn the throttle stop screw in to slow it down.
Thanks I'll try that
That's what I'm wondering. If you're going to run stock engine RPM why would you use an air filter kit? And then isn't a 95 jet .037"? There's no need for that big of a jet to run 3600 RPM.
Clearence. The original air.box wouldn't fit due to the size of the bike and we had to build a.spacer for the engine which made it too high for original air box.

That's what I'm wondering. If you're going to run stock engine RPM why would you use an air filter kit? And then isn't a 95 jet .037"? There's no need for that big of a jet to run 3600 RPM.
It would not run unless itnwas on choke. Came with a 95 jet with the filter adapter. I assumed since it would only run on choke that it needed more fuel. Maybe I'm wrong. Everything stock worked great when we ran it for break in before we mounted it to the bike

Because it looks cool! :cool:
At least that's my reason.
Time to throw in the "Well ackshually" on this. Dyno tests I've seen from gopowersports and rando youtubers have shown stock predators going from 6.5-6.6 hp up to 8.7-9.1 hp from a air cleaner/exhaust swap with a 95/98 jet still on the governor. So, if you're looking at an arguably massive HP upgrade for often less than $100 on an engine you can get on sale for $100, it's a really good way to go.

Minimichael

I say try jetting up. The intake and exhaust upgrades could mean it's running too lean once you're up in full throttle range.

Last edited: