Pressure washer winterizing

Augiedoggie

Freezing winter weather here in northeast requires winterizing pressure washer. I have several gas and electric pressure washers and use a home built device to simplify winterizing process. I use RV anti freeze or automotive windshield washer solvent and circulate the stuff through the machine and it's discharge hose to prevent freeze up and subsequent pump damage. An old bucket with a drilled bottom and hose connected to pump suction will gravity feed anti freeze and slit in bucket lid retains discharge hose to allow machine to recirculate back into bucket as pictured. Takes only a few minutes to winterize both machines

Attachments

I like your setup. I just drain a 75 foot garden hose, then hook the male end to the pressure washer block the trigger open. Then I elevate the female end of the hose and attach a funnel to it. I then pour pink RV antifreeze in the funnel until it comes out the nozzle.

wjustice

You can also use the briggs or sta-bil pump saver. Its a foamy oil like that displaces water and lubes the pump. The Briggs stuff has gotten pricy but the Sta-bil is less then $7 on Amazon. You just attach it to your water inlet and press the button. You can do 2-3 pumps with one can.