Project "Disc Brakes Finally"

Got some welding done

Had some down time so I got to crank up the wleder and get to work. I hate grinding off powder coat. That crap was so dang thick on this thing it half melted off and half ground off. What a mess it made. I was able to get the engine brace and neck welded on. Not my best welds but good enough. Axle plates get welded tomorrow. More pics then.

[/URL][/IMG]

The neck took longer than I expected to get just right.

[/URL][/IMG]

Its a roller now!!!!!

Got to get in the garage between football games today. Was able to get the axle plates welded on the bike on the ground. I am pleased with the way it turned out. I ended up raking and the front out a little and it turned out pretty good. The engine is just sitting in the frame so I could line up the sprockets before welding the axle plates. I raised the bike 2.5 inches from where it originally sat. I think these bikes look better with a little more clearance on them.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

man i was just looking into doing the same thing with my tbird since needed new wheels and wanting disc brakes. cant wait to see how this build comes out. maybe ill get started on mine soon.