Project Muffalotta!

markus

Got lots of money tied up into this project, still trying to get my jig to get the holes centered better but I am almost there with a near, if not exact, match 7 hole Tecumseh muffler. In my hand is my first completed one. Couple more tweaks and I will be happier but its gettin’ there!!! IMG_4253.jpeg

I ran the prototype on this 1962 ht35b I internally rebuilt for someone off a Polaris trail tractor bike. Sounded pretty good!!

Harquebus

Maybe I should know the answer already, but what is the internal construction of this particular style of muffler?
By that I mean the baffles, if any.

Got lots of money tied up into this project, still trying to get my jig to get the holes centered better but I am almost there with a near, if not exact, match 7 hole Tecumseh muffler. In my hand is my first completed one. Couple more tweaks and I will be happier but its gettin’ there!!! View attachment 304325

I ran the prototype on this 1962 ht35b I internally rebuilt for someone off a Polaris trail tractor bike. Sounded pretty good!!
If you had access to a mill and a rotary indexer, you could make a drill guide. Shape it like a cup, slip it over the miffler housing, fasten the muffler/guide in a pipe thread fixture. Drill the perfectly spaced holes with a step drill. Remove and de-burr.
Or are you thinking to stamping them from the inside prior to assembly?
Great project.