Project Thunderdrome

Alright,. . . I know that this has been brought up in another thread. I too have always loved the look of white walls. I've got them on my motorcycle. But in a four inch tire? After searching the interwebs I stumbled across a possible solution; an industrial roofing paint.

I started by sanding the tires a bit to rough them up. Then cleaned them with a de-greaser, dried them, taped them and started at it.

This is the first coat:

[/IMG]

Two additional coats:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Here's the stuff.

[/IMG]

They only sell it in gallon's and five gallon buckets...

So. . .I have a ton left. Good things I like white walls! If this stuff works Everything will have wide whites!:thumbsup:
Mountain bike, power washer, wheel barrow, :laugh:

Did some assembly today.

[/IMG]

The tubing on this frame is one inch, I ordered an inexpensive motorcycle throttle and some grips on epay. Got it all hooked up and running just fine:thumbsup:

The whitewalls are doing okay so far. The rims had to be packed with grease after mounting and that made for a fine mess:cursing: But they cleaned up well.

I took the 'ol girl for a little spin (no seat or brakes just yet).

The grips are white too, that is why they are not mounted yet. Don't want to get them dirty just yet.

[/IMG]

Here's the stuff.

[/IMG]

They only sell it in gallon's and five gallon buckets...

So. . .I have a ton left. Good things I like white walls! If this stuff works Everything will have wide whites!:thumbsup:
Mountain bike, power washer, wheel barrow, :laugh:
if that takes a beating and still looks good, thanks for the tip. mine and my buddys will be white walled very soon

Got some more work done.

Put on my grips:

[/IMG]

Installed my clutch brake:

[/IMG]

I had some trouble here, I had never done one of these brakes before. :hammer: I also had to shorten my cable quite a bit. Everything works great though.

And then I got a foot long piece of pipe to extend the muffler out from under the seat. My buddy had some extra exhaust wrap from his honda bobber project so we used that.

Here is a pic. of the pipe. I am having some trouble though. I think that the extra weight and bend that I put in the pipe trying to be fancy cause it to vibrate too much and come loose. I might have to put some sort of bracket on the back of the frame to hold it in place.

Any ideas?
[/IMG]

Done!!!

Got the exhaust fixed up today, Installed a kill Switch, and bolted up the pegs!

She is ready to race!:scooter:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

:biggrin:

Very nice! I used a 3.5HP B&S on my last bike build. I was able to find a carb jet from a 5HP engine that also fit the carb on the 3.5. That really helped to perk it up.