Projects dragged back out

tomc

IMG_20220720_174630851_HDR.jpg IMG_20220721_093041914_HDR.jpg
Here's two I've had for a while, now back out and undergoing restoration.
The Cheefta will get a correct H40 Tecumseh in place of the non-original Clinton, which I plan to use on a garden tractor project.
The Heald model VT-1 has an, I believe, correct vintage B&S 5HP on it, but might get an 8HP I have stashed away.

Last edited:

tomc

IMG_20220721_130133159_HDR.jpg IMG_20220721_130147732_HDR.jpg
I first thought the rear wheel on the VT-1 was rusted out but I was seeing a crude, homemade shim(?) between the sprocket and the hub. I believe I can do better when I put it back together, after the wheel is blasted and powder coated.
One broken sprocket bolt will have to be drilled out.

If you heat that broken sprocket bolt red hot and douse it with a bucket of cool water a couple times it will break up the rust particles and the threads might twist apart pretty easy.

tomc

Thanks anyway, I specifically need a 4 1/2.
I'm going, God willing, to a local(ish) tractor/engine show next weekend in Boone, NC. I can watch for one for you there. Would shipping from here in western NC be practical to for you? If so let me know, maybe link a pic or two, exactly what the engine you're looking for looks like.

I'm going, God willing, to a local(ish) tractor/engine show next weekend in Boone, NC. I can watch for one for you there. Would shipping from here in western NC be practical to for you? If so let me know, maybe link a pic or two, exactly what the engine you're looking for looks like.
I appreciate the offer but I just offering to buy it if it was a 4 1/2 and you had no use for it. Yes shipping would be pricey as they are cast iron. Also this would be a purchase that would go onto the shelf for later use. Thanks again for the offer