Rare Mini Mate one of 2 made Scooter

Mean Dean

I just picked this up the other day from Ray Michrina's daughter. Regis made two for Ray's daughter and his son for Xmas in 73' He gave it to them Xmas Day and they cruised the basement for the winter. It is half a Mini Mate. Rear wheel band brake. original Mini mate tires and wheels. It is a cool piece. Too bad these never made it to production . Screw the razor scooters. Could motorize it easily. The other one is Green

Hounddog

Way cool, way better than the razor type scooters that made millions, the lil indian has a rear band brake, real wheels and tires etc..etc....Lots of broken wrists and heads would have been saved...I guess timing, marketing etc. do mean something. Nice find, a very special piece of history that was overstepped there! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

Mean Dean

Sure , I am going to ride it. Just getting over the flu so I might be still wobbly. I never said guys it was all Mini Mate. I said it was a Mini Mate half frame and tires and wheels. I said it had a rear band brake. I am sure Regis used what parts him and Ray had in stock. Remember these guys were very cost effective and did mostly use parts they had in stock in making things. So it is probably Lil Indian Brakes and handle. it is a Custom Job. They welded a bracket for the rear brake band.