Recoil Assembly?

Hey Guys,

I have the original HF 6.5 hp blue clone that was basically a Honda copy and need to replace my recoil assembly cause it's acting up.Anyway in your opinion is it better off to get the Honda one vs the aftermarket one for the clones?

I'm looking at NR Racing site and see the Honda recoil is about 17.00 bux more than the aftermarket.I assume the Honda assembly will fit my clone??

What say you? Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I have the original HF 6.5 hp blue clone that was basically a Honda copy and need to replace my recoil assembly cause it's acting up.Anyway in your opinion is it better off to get the Honda one vs the aftermarket one for the clones?

I'm looking at NR Racing site and see the Honda recoil is about 17.00 bux more than the aftermarket.I assume the Honda assembly will fit my clone??

What say you? Thanks!
From what I understand, you can't run a genuine honda recoil on a clone. The starter cups are different. Now if you WANT to run the OEM, get a starter cup along with it. Is it better to use OEM over Clone recoil? Maybe made better, but they both do the same thing, start the engine.

Motra

Honda has changed their starter design a few times on the GX's. It's possible that someone tried an older style Honda recoil on the clone and it didn't work. They're interchangeable, you just have to use the right one.

From what I understand, you can't run a genuine honda recoil on a clone. The starter cups are different. Now if you WANT to run the OEM, get a starter cup along with it. Is it better to use OEM over Clone recoil? Maybe made better, but they both do the same thing, start the engine.
Thanks mm,I'll go ahead and order the clone assembly for 18 bux since that appears my only choice.

PS-I assume there is no difference between the original and changed blue clones from HF?

NR RACING About 3/4 down the page.