Recoil Generator

Here's a new one on me. Those damn geniuses at Tecumseh came up with a recoil generator at some point? Anyone ever have one of theses? Generates off the spinning flywheel shaft.I saw this looking through vintage Ariens snowblower parts diagrans. It was for a headlight add on. Part 611077. Its gotta work for a minibike I'd assume..

There was one for sale here awhile back. Pretty cool but the added width to the recoil area could hurt a Minibike installation with an already large H frame Tec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it for lighting? I think when I was reading about it it said 1 amp or something. Wondering if its one of those gens that will get brighter as the speed increases then dim when slowed.
I haven't run it yet. I sorta forgot it was up on the loft with the growing Tec collection. I'm not expecting much. It should run LED just fine, especially with a battery to help at low revs.

John Deere listed it for smowblower lights. I have one but haven't used it. I am sure with a diode and cap it would power a led lighting system just fine.