Roadrunner

I am interested in starting a restoration project soon. I've tracked down a few bikes to possibly purchase. I am not looking to spend a fortune but something that will be super cool and fun for the mid range price. Ive found this bike for sale and would like to know the rarity of this particular bike, and if possible be able to identify it as to be able to look for parts on my own. Any help would be appreciated!
Vintage Roadrunner Mini Bike

Cheers,

BigJ

capguncowboy

Road Runner had bikes, but I've never seen that particular model before. It looks like a modded K&S Hornet. I'm digging it

A different style survivor, which looks almost exactly like a K&S bike

Last edited:

markus

while the bike looks to be sort of a mess, that would be a good purchase. The roadrunner bikes were a Texas made bike and part of the K&S line, or what became the K&S line. that particular bike is neat because its actually a 2 person version, the engine is pretty hard to come by on its own as it is a lighted 3.5hp (possible the lighted coil parts aren't there of course but even missing its not a bad purchase....unless you must have the lights), pre 1970. the bike itself appears to be all there less a few things, but has alot of the important things.

if you look in the center you can see a 2 seat model, this is a newer brochure though when the torque convertor systems came out