Rod bearings?

Haha yeah in a bit of a hurry sorry, but if i had a shop machine a new rod, would it need bearings if it was and exact match to the stock rod?
how can you make something without any knowledge of why and how they are made they way they are?
yes they need the bearing incert.
yes the bearing size needs to match within thousands.
yes the weight of the rod needs to be right.
yes the oiling holes need to be there and in the right place.
yes sometimes it's better and cheaper to buy something that's flying around at 8 thousand RPMs waiting on the right second to take out your nut sack.....:scared:

how can you make something without any knowledge of why and how they are made they way they are?
yes they need the bearing incert.
yes the bearing size needs to match within thousands.
yes the weight of the rod needs to be right.
yes the oiling holes need to be there and in the right place.
yes sometimes it's better and cheaper to buy something that's flying around at 8 thousand RPMs waiting on the right second to take out your nut sack.....:scared:
Theres no need to be a dink about, im having a profesional do it who make motocross connectecting rods

nope,searched for "Billy Day,motocross rod builder" nothing.... I did get a Billy Day that came up that has a bunch of drug charges. you getting your "parts" from him?

Hey sorry it just gets to me when people say "yeah ok" sarcastiquily, i didnt mean to be and arsehole. And im not sure what his bosses company is called but they do all sorts of stuff like that. But anyways would it just be better to buy one from arc then? Considering it does need bearings?

A lot of design and research went into ARC rods. It has a built in oiling system. Stock just slings oil and hopes it covers everything. Stock runs 3600 rpm. Billet can go over 8000. I think a bearingless aluminum rod spinning at 8000 rpm would gall. Aluminum is a soft sticky metal. Once you get a little build up it will keep adding more and more.

At $83. I'd buy an already engineered precision built rod with bearings that you can change easily when you feel like it for cheap.

rmm727

ARC has rods without the bearing inserts just like stock rods, but... they have done all the homework and why re-invent the wheel when it comes to something like this.

Do i absulutly need rod bearing when using a billet rod? Theres gotta be a way around it? Please help asap :)
Why the aversion to a billet rod with a bearing?:shrug:
Also, if you want to be taken seriously and continue to have members help you (ON THEIR TIME) on this forum I would advise dropping the "attitude".:no:
Michael

All I know is after I read " he makes motocross rods" the Bud light Real Men of Genius started playing in my head but to the lyrics "Thank you Mr.Motocross rod builder".....:laugh:

CarPlayLB

All I know is after I read " he makes motocross rods" the Bud light Real Men of Genius started playing in my head but to the lyrics "Thank you Mr.Motocross rod builder".....:laugh:
That is awesome! Ya got it stuck in my head now!

The kinder, gentler way to say this is...you have a professional machinist making you a rod...what was HIS suggestion for bearings? Motocross bikes typically use needle bearings riding on hardened journals. Was the machinist OK with no bearings at 8K RPM? How will he want to keep things lubricated? Ask your machinist some very pertinent questions then get back to us.

I think it would be awesome to have your own rod "built" by a machinist...I have never ventured that far as I don't have a $1000 to spend for the CNC time, the mechanical engineering, the machinist, and the programmer to "guess" on something that can be bought for $85.00!

Hmmm. The ARC rod for my Tec doesn't use bearings...

I started thinking about a roller bearing for the crank end of the rod, but then you have to harden the rod journal, and have a steel rod with hardened journal....

Probably couldn't have a split in the rod end or the rollers would not ride over it well. And since you can't separate the crank, not gonna happen.

I started thinking about a roller bearing for the crank end of the rod, but then you have to harden the rod journal, and have a steel rod with hardened journal....

Probably couldn't have a split in the rod end or the rollers would not ride over it well. And since you can't separate the crank, not gonna happen.
some boat motors use a split needle bearing like that,they also come with a split race. I stopped looking because spec info was hard for me to find.

CarPlayLB

Does ARC think that nobody spins a TEC to 8K?