Rods

MDB i epect you will probably know this if no one else dosent but how do i tell the diferrence between a Raptor rod and a normal stock briggs rod thanks in advance

I've got a couple, and the only difference that I can see is the integral dipper. I'm sure that there are some hidden differences. I was told that if I plan on turning over 3600, to go billet. I've also heard that before the billets came out, that some were turning over 9,000 with them....with quite a few failures. Not all, mind you. I'm not willing to chance it, being that you can pick up a billet rod fairly cheap. JMHO.

So the raptor rod is basically the same as the standard 5 hp rod? It cant handle the extra stress of RPM? Just doesn't make sense that they would do that in there race engine.

no i know for a fact they arnet like a normal 5 hp rod cause of the way the heat treat them or cryo them they race prep them and the can sustain up to 6000 to 7000 rpms i wanted to know the diference in apearence

the raptor rods have the dipper built on the rod cap and the rod will have casting marks on it some where they will be either R2 or R3 witch is raptor 2 and raptor 3 raptor 1 is the old style rod with the bolt on dipper also i have never seen one marked r1.

i have some new in the boxes never used for sale if your interested, ill give u a real good deal on them.

:thumbsup:

I've got a brand new R3, and it has the bolt on dipper. Steel sleeved, no governer hole, single bearing. I'm gonna put a different rod in it.

Hey bad tec your not alone ive got a raptor 3 exactly like yours and its got the bolt on dipper . Its orange hardend Nylon :thumbdown:> Lol if some of have read the way i speaek about the Tec OHVs an plastic inb general you moight know i hate it lol but i figured hey it survived that long (12 years) so its guna take some more an like it:thumbsup: