Rupp/Clupp

Picked this up. Haven't looked too closely at it yet. It was once purple. I didn't notice a lighting coil wire. Pegs are welded on... I don't care about the pegs being welded too much if they will hold my weight. If they won't I will have to modify for original ones or grab another frame if its easier. I will probably mock this one up anyway. Definitely getting the Clone treatment. Based on this thread. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/s...nstalling-predator-motor-rupp-blackwidow.html it seems I can use the old TC and just replace the intake and exhaust. From a quick look the tires and rims seem like they will clean up. I need to get the numbers off the motor and some pics to see if it is worth trading for some parts for this build. Might even try to go back to purple.... But who knows...lol...

That's a great start you have there. You're gonna want to find some better rear shocks. I had put some longer stronger ones on mine. With the speed increase they felt better

Got it torn down. Looks like the ends of the pegs were cut off and a bigger pipe was slid on over. I think cutting the big pipe off and possibly welding mounts to allow pegs to fold up in case of a spill is the way to go. I am not familiar how the front forks work. They were stuck but I think it was from so much grease. Are they supposed to attach somehow? These were just slid up there.Looks like one spring has a loop and the other does not. I don't know if it broke or was never there. Are the tubes supposed to be slit down the side? Does it matter?

capguncowboy

Rupp Clupp sounds like something you'll get if you don't wash the seat properly before riding. Take one pill a day for 5 days and it should clear up :laugh:

I like those bikes, but the original engines just don't have enough power. I like the idea of dropping a clone on them

Wow, your fast.:thumbsup: I can't believe you got those forks apart. Looks like the "loop" on top of the one spring is broke off. The bolt on the top side of the forks is suppose to hold them in. The bolt slides through the loop.

The crowbar was to persuade the driven off. And the hatchet was to use the handle to keep the driver from spinning so I could loosen the bolt that holds it on....

I will have to look at the tubes again, I didn;t see the split. Blackwidowmotorsparts probably has the springs. If your pins are missing, you can make your own. I made some for another Rupp. The spark plug wrench kit you get with a new predator engine is perfect size. Take that rod in the set and cut your pins.:thumbsup:

They are suppose to be split ( I think). Just make sure the forks don't have a lot of wobble with them. I believe they call them fork bushings. OldMiniBikes might have them and blackwidow does have those.

Last edited:
Thanks Karl.I ordered springs already. Is there a reason to use the 20 series over the 30 series when upgrading the TC? Or will a 30 series work too?