RUPP - Richmond, VA

Okay, I didn't want to but after all the comments I'm gonna weigh in here and cover this bike head to toe.

What's wrong:

• The engine is a 7hp, this is not a value add as it can't be considered "original engine," a billet rod is no big deal but it would have to still be for the original engine which this is not
  • he has 3 electrical wires coming out the rear of the motor, in 1968 there would have only been two wires. The bikes grounded the circuit to the from directly not using a 3rd wire
  • The 2 speed is incorrect, it would have been a max torque clutch but what is on there is a crappy modern comet clutch.
  • The rear shocks are totally wrong
  • the front shock springs are wrong, in 1968 the spring was progressive, it coiled tighter at the bottom of the spring and coiled further apart at the top of the spring
  • the rear swing arm has been stretched an inch, don't believe me? look closer! there is a 1" busing between the fender and mounting bracket to account for the stretched swing arm, also if you look at the rear shock angle positing vs. a picture of a survivor it's totally different
  • The rupp "motion" decal should NOT be on the clutch cover in 68
  • The rear sprocket on a TT would be 72 tooth, what is on the bike is a 60 tooth which would have been for the XL500 and XL350
  • The break handle ferrules should be a "X" in shape, not just a regular old circle
  • The brake and throttle cables, although they are black, they are not correct
  • The tires are completely wrong
  • The lights themselves are LED's which is wrong, but beyond that, the headlight bucket should have a toggle switch on top of it and not some dumb blue indicator lamp, and the rear tail light should be an authentic PMCO which I am 95% certain based off the pictures it is not
  • Complete lack of original brake light switch, if there at all?
I'm sure there is are other things I would catch if I saw it in person but this list will have to suffice for now.

All that being said this is a very nice bike none the less, but if you're going to command that price at least be able to "walk the walk." This is a nice restored bike but this is actually very far from being original. If anyone has questions on 68 Rupp's feel free to message me. I know these bike in and out.
Whats wrong? It was listed as a restomod. It is street legal and geared for 65 mph. I ride, not collect my minis. Not comet. Its a MaxTorque kit from BW motorsports. Try thinking out of the box once in a while, you may find some creativity in there.