Rupp roadster fork removal

I really don't want to remove the forks because they will fall out:laugh: My question is, how do they stay in the fork tubes:shrug: I had the bike up on a milk crate and they fell out:laugh: I see there is holes in the forks but I don't see where the bolts go.:eek:ut: A little help please:thumbsup:

pretty sure you need to take off the rubber seals on the upper tubes .put the pins through the lowers and the spring loops then slide the seals below the pins insert the assembly into the uppers and put the top bolts back in and slide the seals back in place.

good thing they didn't fall out when you were ridin wheelies :laugh:

pins go through the holes in the lowers and the loop at the bottom of the springs

they'll stay in once you slide them up in the upper tubes

pins go through the holes in the lowers and the loop at the bottom of the springs

they'll stay in once you slide them up in the upper tubes
I mean did the pins just dissapear.:eek:ut: Didn't see any parts laying on the driveway when I was done today.:laugh: (usually there are parts on the driveway:laugh:).

markus

judging by how high the the front end is sitting they may be on the springs and the top of the lowers are resting on them or someone might have drilled the lowers at a higher point.

Done, and back together:thumbsup: Came out excellent:laugh: I was going to cut a bolt and then I had a great idea. I used this predator spark plug wrench. Perfect size. The metal was really strong. Should last forever. The springs was like brand new:thumbsup: