Rusty Rupp Rehab

This is a project I am doing for my wife. Last summer I picked up an old Sears Puddle Jumper that I fixed up for the oldest of our four daughters. After getting it going we quickly discovered one mini bike wasn't going to be enough. So we found minis for each of the adult type people in the family. My wife at first wasn't too interested in riding, but after taking our 4yo for a ride she was hooked. So this frame was picked for her.

Plans include a torque converter setup. Right now we a trying to gather up everything we need as far as parts go. It won't be a 100% original show piece when done, but it will be a rider that will see lots of riding.

Best of all these bikes are teaching my kids how to have fun outside away from the gadgets and video games!

Jamie1972

This is a project I am doing for my wife. Last summer I picked up an old Sears Puddle Jumper that I fixed up for the oldest of our four daughters. After getting it going we quickly discovered one mini bike wasn't going to be enough. So we found minis for each of the adult type people in the family. My wife at first wasn't too interested in riding, but after taking our 4yo for a ride she was hooked. So this frame was picked for her.

Plans include a torque converter setup. Right now we a trying to gather up everything we need as far as parts go. It won't be a 100% original show piece when done, but it will be a rider that will see lots of riding.

Best of all these bikes are teaching my kids how to have fun outside away from the gadgets and video games!

Bring it back to life!

The engine runs good. But the rest...yeah I would say needs some TLC. The goal is to get it looking decent, and ridable. Then as time goes by and we locate the right parts try to get it as close to it's former glory as we can.

The frame was left out in some bad weather at some point in it's life. Water has gotten down into the frame tubes, freezing and causing them to crack. I can get it fixed so it is safe, but I know it will never be perfect. I think it is better to get it running and as nice as we can so the bike can live for a few more years. And since it isn't perfect we don't have to worry as much about it being 100% original, we are going to have fun with it.

All of that being said, we are keeping our eyes out for another one that is more complete so we can do one all original. I would love to eventually have a "his & hers" pair of old Rupps.