Ruttman Wild Goose ! My First Build

This is my ruttman wild goose received it in pieces and missing alot of them too ! but after getting some pieces and putting it together the bike is stating to look good , just recently found out that the clutch i bought is a #35 chan and the rear is a #40 chain :doah: a new sprocket is on its way. , gas tank and seat will be replaced as soon as i can find a good deal on a gas tank or make something any ideas are appreciated! i like the style of the original Ruttman seat so eventually i would like to get one made or purchase one off OldMiniBikes ! I also Had to spread the frame open abit to align the wheel and install the drum brake,
View attachment 64313
View attachment 64314
View attachment 64315
View attachment 64316

Last edited:
Looks good, looks like a solid rider. Not sure on the style of tank you are looking for, but you can pick up plastic gas tanks that are for scooters or pocket bikes off eBay fairly cheap.

jeep4me

I'm liking those nerf bars and the rear wheel setup.:thumbsup:

Looks good, but does need something different for the gas tank.

I know everytime i look at the tank it hurts my eyes ! would like to go with a round style tank but they are worth a pretty penny so i am leaning toward the cheaper plastic pocket bike ones that would seem to fit. when i get some more parts i will post more pictures!

it does ! but it was a tight fit and the gas cap would be underneath the seat, i wont be driving it around with the tank that is on right now just put it there temporarily to get the motor started an get an idea of what tank set up to do

update!

Finally found sometime to get my ruttman up and driving! after realizing the drum brake setup was going to drive me crazy i decided to go with a clutch brake set up instead. works a lot better then i thought it would and alot easier to set up. finnaly found a tank that i liked got it off ebay for 35$ shipping incld. ! installed a top plate and cut my seat to fit the new tank. after a few adjustments i decided to fire her up and take her down the street. the straight pipe and airfliter makes this little 6.5hp clone sound like a full blown Harley!!

View attachment 64987
View attachment 64988