Ruttman Wild Goose

My daughter and I are rebuilding this bike together.

Our plan is to do a mild build with a new motor. This will be her first buil ever and my first build in 10 years or so.

We are planing on using a predator 212cc motor from harbor freight. We decided on this motor for the ability to get upgrade parts and the price.

Started the tare down of the bike today.

Took the forks off

One of the bikes old owners added supports to the back of the frame. We are planing on cleaning up the welds and leaving them on there.

We want to use the rims that were on the bike. There nice looking 4 spoke mag.

Planing on dropping the frame and forks off at the sand blaster next week.

Then we are going to have it powder coated dark purple.

Popped the tires off, took about two hours. Rims are out for bead blasting. Then powder coating them white.

New foot pegs (it had broke motor cross pegs on it) and new frame caps. Some one had installed the last set with a hammer.

New motor. (I am going to find an original eventually)

Frame and fork back from bead blasting. It is out for powder coat now. Decided to powder coat it bright yellow. Might do the next bike purple.

I can't wait to start putting it back together.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Great project for you and your daughter :thumbsup: I love the project threads and seeing what can be done with some sweat and elbow grease. Not only are you going to have a sweet bike when done, but you'll have the memories of spending quality time with your girl. Trust me, she'll be telling her kids about this one day :smile:

Vic

Great project for you and your daughter :thumbsup: I love the project threads and seeing what can be done with some sweat and elbow grease. Not only are you going to have a sweet bike when done, but you'll have the memories of spending quality time with your girl. Trust me, she'll be telling her kids about this one day :smile:

Vic

I can't wait till we have two of them done. So we can ride em together, take em to shows and events.

We are going to enter them in some local car shows and what not. We like going to em any way.

Do you guys think it would look good if me and my daughter tore our Predator motor apart and painted it white? Kinda give the motor an old school look on a new motor

Frame and fork is back from powder coat. I love it. The color looks awesome.

New tires, tubes and sprocket.

New clutch cover.

The predator looks too big in the frame. I really want to find the corect motor. If this motor stays on the bike I'm going to paint parts of it white.

Last edited: