Saved from the scrapyard..

Was working in northeast Ohio the other day. Pull up to the house and see what looks like a scrap pile in the back. And I can see some motors and other odds and ends of stuff. But most importantly a go-kart. Never really been that into karts but hey there fun and this one was in a pile of scrap so I of course had to ask. Sure enough he said he was gonna scrap it. I offered him fifty bucks figuring it didn't weigh much and that would cover it. Long story short I did such a good job installing his new windows that he just gave it to me. :score:

I have no idea what im gonna do with it. I think the exhaust valve is stuck it backfires through the carb when I try to start. But no biggie I got a couple spare motors laying around. Everything else is good other than needing a new throttle cable. And Paint!!

Just to add to this story I gotta say. "I love Ohio". All four of my minis I found in Ohio and now this. Not that this is a rare find or anything(that I know of). Looks maybe like a diy kit. Maybe someone can chime in if they have seen one before and know what it is..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It looks like someone made a different motor plate, then affixed a TAV onto a jack shaft under the original motor plate.

I don't think it's a vintage kart with the squared off seat sides and rear framing. It looks like it will haul ass once you get the engine running, and get a throttle and brake going. The DIY go kart website has some pretty basic setups to get you started.

Meanwhile, you might as well slap this on the "what is it" section and use the term "kart" in the heading, and one of the knowledgable kart folks will probably chime in.

Either the intake valve not seating or needs the lash to be adjusted..
I might try to get out in the garage today and pull it apart. I got some bigger tires with same style hub I can throw on it and maybe stud the tires and go have some fun in the snow :)

Yea it is a live axle. I just need to get it a little higher off the ground we have quite a bit of snow here right now.

Maybe taller front tires.. Looks like the rears are perched rite..

This is a bald tired 6 inch manco streaker.. It went so good in the snow after getting it going, before putting the seat back in it..

I was driving around the block with my saw, in around 2 -4, 3 -5 splattered about the roads..

Picking up firewood.. :laugh: It completely surprised me too..

:laugh: It's whatever is dead on the side of the road.. I just whack em to length of logs, then hack em up later..

You should see when the tractor and trailer is loaded down.. I'll bet a good load is probably 600 pounds or better.. :laugh:

Fill the trailer with 4 footers, pile 8 footers on top till you're afraid it's gonna tip over.. :lol:

bandit 40

It looks like someone made a different motor plate, then affixed a TAV onto a jack shaft under the original motor plate.

I don't think it's a vintage kart with the squared off seat sides and rear framing. It looks like it will haul ass once you get the engine running, and get a throttle and brake going. The DIY go kart website has some pretty basic setups to get you started.

Meanwhile, you might as well slap this on the "what is it" section and use the term "kart" in the heading, and one of the knowledgable kart folks will probably chime in.
Thats the way them frames were made ,the engine plate in the center and the TAV bolts below with solid aluminum hubs. I cant remember what kind it was. I was not able to get an axle for the one I owned so traded it off.:doah:

Well I got a few minutes to play with it today. Pulled the head off and sure enough valve was stuck(intake). Threw some pb blaster on it and hit it with a mallet and got it to break free. Put the head back on threw some gas in the carb and she fired right up. The linkage on the throttle was broke so I pulled the carb off. I got a alky carb and a head that shaved I'm gonna try to out on it. The cylinder has some major scoring in it. Gonna see if I can get to my buddy's machine shop and bore it out since I have a spare .020 piston. If not I might try to hone it just not sure if I can keep the cylinder straight trying to hone that far. Anyone with experience on that let me know. As for everything else seems pretty good tires all hold air, brake still works, and should be able to use the throttle cable that's on it with this other carb I got too. Hopefully I can get the compression up enough for it to run with this carb.

That pic above of the manco looks just like it. I kind of was thinking manco. My buddy has a manco with a similar setup for motor mount and tav.

joshua. c.

actualy that looks alot like what my kart started out like but it had bigger rear tires. i think its actualy a karter brothers kart. hears a picks of mine after alot of modifications.

Yea I'll have to get some better pics of it the front end is kinda mangled. The only thing I can see different is the bumper which is the screwed up part on mine.