saved this one from getting scrapped

picked up this little guy today with another riding mower..... The guy I got them from was going to give them away for scrap. He just can't use a pull start anymore, so he got a newer mower with electric start. Glad I got to save this one I really like it. I'll probably end up selling it, to fund my other projects. At least it won't get scrapped.

I bought one that was a lot like that from a guy I used to work with for $30, it was an olf Dynamark if my memory serves me right. I was a vertucal shaft briggs I think and you pull started it from the seat. Well at least I think that was supposed to be the idea but when seating on the seat the pull handle was about the same distance from you as your elbow is from your hand, not much pull there. Mine had a 4 speed trans in it, 3 forward gears and reverse but it wasn't really much of a mower. It had a huge mowing deck on it that was 21", LOL! My push mower was the same size but it was pretty cool and small.

yup, this colt has 3 forward gears and reverse pull start is right on the dash like you stated. Not sure on deck size. Hard rubber tires.... Has a tecumseh in it I think its an 8 horse but I didn't look that well. It was raining all afternoon so i just stuck it in the shed and didn't really get to play with it yet.

nice original machine there love it! where in pa are you
I'm in Jim Thorpe PA, so the NE part of the state.... Mostly original. Has been repainted a bit, hard to see in pics. And the throttle was rigged up somehow didn't look yet.... Otherwise I believe its missing the shoot for the mower deck, and otherwise I think its complete.

got her running today..... found out some history as well. It was produced by levitt manufacturing corp. The Tecumseh in it dates to early 1966 so that is probably when it was sold. In 1967 The poloron snowmobile company bought levitt manufacturing corp and started producing poloron mowers in the summer months. The Poloron mowers looked exactly like this one besides being different colors and having the Poloron decals, and air tires. I can find pictures of the poloron version but none of the one I have....

If anyone would be interested, I know this isnt the place to sell it, but feel free to pm me for more info. You can gladly come look at it if you wish.

~Matt