Scat Kitty

Was lucky enough to find a Scat Kitty at Windber--thanks Doc--and have started on it. Rear wheel was seized and tire bead rusted to rim but got it freed up and brake shoe was fine. Added a new Carlisle double Indian tire and on to the front which is also rusted onto rim. Stuck on another wheel for now. Stripped and wire brushed all the paint off top--still have to do underneath--thank goodness for Aircraft Stripper!Have a tech side popper(thanks Rick and Rob) and another one from Carl. I have a source to get the clutch cover and exhaust in Ohio.Thanks to another OldMiniBikes member(Stephen) I am working on a contact for the jackshaft unit.Karen just finished the seat and used the original foam--outstanding job! Just ordered a set of Shwinn handle bars which will be here this week.One major problem is I can't get the gooseneck out of the downtube. The original key nut loosens right off but I think the gooseneck is rusted solid to the downtube. I have put liberal amounts of PB blaster down but no luck yet getting it out--anyone have experience with this? Rick and Brian are looking for a gas tank so the OldMiniBikes army is on the case and a great help--couldn't do without this resource.

Attachments

Looking good Bill

As for the steering stem , if its like a bicycle the stem bolt pulls up on a wedge shaped nut , sometimes a few taps downward on the bolt ( or a substitute bolt if its removeable) will help get things loosened

Got any pictures of the missing tank?

I saved the original foam. Even with some mouse holes and missing pieces, the foam is still firmer than the junk they make now. Some surgery and a new cover and its ready for some azz.:laugh: I could really only use some photos to get the real look of the cover.

As for the steering stem , if its like a bicycle the stem bolt pulls up on a wedge shaped nut , sometimes a few taps downward on the bolt ( or a substitute bolt if its removable) will help get things loosened
Looks Great Bill :thumbsup: Rob is right, loosen the wing bolt but not all the way and give it a whack :thumbsup: If you stand in front of the bike and hold the wheel with your feet and turn the bars that will help to loosen it up too :thumbsup: