Score!!! Ruttman Toad?

My name is Jeff I am new here. After I saw a Lil Indian I wanted 1 Then I learned (from this site) that Ruttman made a similar sized 1 I have been looking for either locally. I found this Ruttman and made it mine Tuesday night. I just love how these smaller scaled Mini Bike's look.

Its actually a Wild Goose frame that someone swapped the wheels out on. About a 1970. It has the higher fender bracket mounts. But it looks clean:thumbsup:

I would like to put a band brake on the clutch on this bike. Who sells the engine bracket? I have seen the complete brake kit sell for 60-ish bucks. Thanks for any help.

Lets try this again Pics went haywire. My mini bike has a 2 hp Briggs. (see pic on engine) The side cover does not have the 4 threaded holes to allow the brake bracket to bolt to engine. I flipped bracket upside down bolted it the the frame and re drilled a new hole to locate the brake band stationary bolt.

Attachments

FordGalaxy is right, the band brake is supposed to pull from the other direction.
The rotation of the clutch is counter clockwise. When applied the friction of the band helps it to grab and squeeze the drum tighter for a lot more stopping power. Having the band tighten the way it is installed will make the band want to loosen as it is applied the result is much less braking power.
You would have to flip the band around and move the fixed portion to the rear. You can still route the brake cable as you have it but the movable portion of the band should be on the front.

Also you need slots either in the bracket or on your engine plate so you can tighten the chain when needed.

I hope you understand what I mean...

Danford1

Last edited: