Sears Drover or Bird Duck WHO CARES!

I CAN FINALLY POST IN HERE :scooter:

I have a project thread, but since it's finally finished... ish, I want to whore it out! It all started when I stole my dad's Sears bike without his knowledge. He's always talked about restoring it, but he has too many projects as it is from a Gremlin he's cramming a 401 in, to his latest toy, a 73 CJ5. He'll hit up the local car shows so I wanted to surprise him with a pit bike to cruise around on.

The madness begins.

Poor thing was ate up with rust and the old Carlisle Indian heads were too far gone to save (not to mention a PITA to get off):doah:

I stripped it down/inspected it and lucked out. Didn't find any frame issues other than the chain guard bracket was cut off.

After a few coats of paint and clear the flakes came alive

Squeezed in a china man

I wasn't able to save the chrome on the handlebars so I did them in a light grey since re-chroming prices are out of this world. Replaced the shocks, and saved the seat my grandma made for him when he was a kid. I also grabbed the wire wheel and cleaned up the nuts/bolts.

I then began the search for a suitable pipe. I wanted something different that you didn't see much of. Something that would add to the look I had in my head.

:laugh: Not quite, but with a lil :grind: it'll work great.

I then found a picture on this awesome informative website of another chain guard that these bikes came with. I didn't really care for the look of the original guard, I wanted something beefier looking, but still factoryish.

So I grabbed the old faithful beer case cardboard, tape measure, a pen, and got to cutting. A friend of mine had some scrap diamond plate laying around and offered to build it for me. A week later it comes in, and I get the header finished... FINALLY the vision comes alive.

Forgive my posting everywhere, I'm just excited that it turned out as well as it did. I'm also excited that I was able to use a lot of the original parts, especially the seat. I still have to re-jet the carb, but that's no big deal.

very C:thumbsup::thumbsup:L restore , i had a sears puncher pretty much the same thing always like how they designed the sweep of the frame. like that muffler idea i think everyone looks for a little something to make their bike stand out .

:thumbsup: Oh it's loud but surprisingly it's not as loud as I expected. Definitely has a nice pop to it. I may end up putting a washer baffle into it like hotrods have. My dad probably won't mind, but that's a backup option

Awesome build. Muffler looks killer. What kind of shocks are those. I have two frames like this one with springer forks. I wanna redue both of them and those shocks look perfect.

I REALLY need to get rid of this 72 tooth sprocket. This thing has too much torque and gets to the whopping 21mph QUICK. Not to mention the wheelies on this are a lil different than what I'm used to :laugh: