Sears Tarantula

Great bike! Trying to figure out how to get the rust off the seat rivets. The seat is in amazing condition other than the rust. I believe it is a Sears tarantula. These were made by bird also. From what I've read the black-and-white seat makes it a Sears bike. I don't think it's original paint. But it could be. 68?69? Not sure on the year either.

Attachments

Hey Thad, very impressive minibike! Welcome to OldMiniBikes, you'll get a lot of attention - and help getting that thing where you want it to be. Great start! And remember pics pics pics n mo' pics......:thumbsup:

and there we go :doah: i know nothing :laugh:
I think that guy Trailhopper has one....that's the only other time I've heard of one on the forum. I would have called it a Lark too.

Those pics are from a guy on Ebay who repops the tank decal.

Where's the Birdman ....JimH ?

Last edited:
No jack shaft. I bought it in Fremont Nebraska from a man who's brother worked for bird. He thought it was a bird and so did I until I also found the photos above on eBay. It was made by bird though.

Thank you all for your responses! If you get a chance check out my mystery bike and help me there. It is listed as is this a Suzuki or?