shifter kart build/rebuild

well i finally convinced my dad to let me buy a shifter kart. so i found what i think to be a pretty good deal on craigslist for a kart. 700 bucks for it. its a "DINO" chassisfront and rear breaks, 1979 rm125 motor. full shifter linkage and clutch. but no side pods or front plastic bumper. i am goin to replace all the bolts/nuts with new ones becuase these seem a little rusty.
i have a new power plant for it... a 1991 cr125! dont like the bulky cooling fans from the rm125 and my arm always hits it!
so i brought it to the shop started to disassemble the whole kart. i wanted to wash off the dirt.

started stripping the parts

making a new floor panel because there was a crack in the old one

i sprayed it with some primer to keep it from rusting over the next few weeks.
sanded, primed and sprayed the tie rods, and shifter linkage red

then i polished the rear hubs a little. should i paint them red? or leave them shiny??

sanded, primed and painted the frame gloss blackk!

starting the reassembly process

well thats all for now until tomorrow. later guyz!

Last edited:
ahh crap! can someone help me with these damn pics?
EDIT: okay edited my original post because i figured out the problem with the pics!

Last edited:

joekd

Looks like a fun project. Seems like the floors are the weak link on them, most tend to crack on the edge where the weld line is.

Are you planning to race it or just play around?

okay, got a updated pic of the kart. and i have a question... should i mount the radiator at more of a 90 degree angle? or is the way it is set up okay now