sissy bar

I made a sissy bar from a Coleman ct200u outta the front carrier rack .cut the bottom and.just drilled holes in the ends ..made a metal backing plate and used thick rubber grommets and big washers to let it move..unless you like gitting slapped in the back by a sissy :rolleyes:

Yeah..I drilled thru the pipe ends after cutting off flattened end mounts of the rack ..put rubber hose on rack ends where bolts go through, 3/8" hat type .. and put a metal backing plate with 1/2" thick grommets and large washers so it gives a little..it needs retightenening every now and then but is not rigid..the white in-between is plastic off a milk jug so the plate won't dig into the frame paint.. IMG_20161206_163812.jpg ..cheers:drinkup:

Last edited:
yeah was wondering if he wanted to make one or if bike came with one ..didn't notice was classified section :anon.sml:

Last edited:
That second/bottom photo is my son's bike, which he still has. The grab bar with tail light/license bracket, including the chrome, is in excellent condition. We would trade that one in the photo for a "regular" Sears Roper grab bar in equivalent shape + a bit of cash to be determined.
Michael

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Frame is 9 & 1/2 inches and 1 " outside , Looks like 3/4 would fit inside[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

I want to find some pipe and see If I can bend one up.