Smog pump supercharger

Thepaetsguy

model number 100202 from 1963

Everything was just sticky it’s apart now for cleanup. The bore is in awesome shape. cleanup test run in stock form then I still need to order a 24mm carburetor. but this is the engine I’m going to test with as it looks solid. will a 5hp rod fit? Or does it pop up to much out of the bore?

73CF1E5C-E99F-4B7A-8C21-7F0E89898891.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

It'll be a shame to blow up such a nice engine.:oops:
Thank you!! I’m still under $50 with this 4hp engine and alot of the fresh painted parts fit the 5hp block. So if this one blows up no matter I’ll paint up another one. I wondered about putting a 5hp head on this 4hp to lower the compression in case it makes any kind of boost with the pump? kind of like a bigger chamber head I guess. C7BF6A1A-1E96-4C3F-B388-1398A5C60AD8.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I just now figured out that the I/c 5hp starter cup pulley centers itself over the bolts of the original smog pump pulley. I can now run the pump at a one to one ratio. I’ll drill some holes in the metal pulley and the plastic one will bolt right up.

Edit: yes I have two I/c starter cup pulleys in house AC91487E-9014-4764-AA52-59ED212341AB.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

Smog pump from an MG making 3psi

This pump is most likly being tested in stock form. There are 5 holes in the pump casting I intend to plug with jb weld. And I do not know the size of the driver/crank pulley he is using but I could see the stock size pump pulley.

I’m really hoping that sealing the pump with some JB weld a gasket for the backing plate and overdriving it makes a bunch of psi. I wondered if I could rig a 5lb rad cap in place of the face of the MG smog pump diverter valve. 167C41FE-790A-4AD0-968D-6F6A386C6693.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

Grind hard plumbing ran 10psi from an amr300 and the very second he hit the throttle boost stuck the slide carb at wide open... I am now working on a tilly HR intake for the pump.

Heck I don’t know what to do about that at the moment honestly... We all know that slide carbs have the spring in the carb body.. maybe I could double or triple up the springs inside the carb body to force it to return?

Last edited: