Snowco mod 15hp 410 cc

Hello

I bought this trike about 2 years ago (saw it in a feild had to ask) ((took me 5 months to get up nerve))) DON't procrastinate!!

Thing is extra kool , 5hp pulled o.k. but Need more power !!!!!:hammer:

Have a generac 15 hp electric start turned shaft down to fit commet (I have a 13 hp generac that I did the same to and used a salsbury on old honda oddyessy (look up fl250 on ebay)))
She can go pretty well !!!!!!!!:scooter: runs great !
been doing small mechinicing for 30 years

Any way look at picts as it is a project and the first thing before I weld (motor frame, roll cage,gas tank)
is
1st kill switch (already there just need to wire)
2nd Disk brake (ebay)
3rd throttle cable

before I brake my neck on this crazy thing:thumbsup:

Any ideas? on what size rotor will fit for disk brakes?

Thank you jon

Thank you will update. jonkidd
Generac usually starts on the first pull if not by 3rd try your out of gas
I have pulled Davinport mtn in odyessey was o.k. till 70 deg slope up hill and oil filled into ohv-carb and died new plug and redy to go this things are power houses
I love briggs, tech is o.k. kolled o.k. but for $150.00 generac 15 that is proven

Last edited:
I can beef up the frame

No problem I have steel ,mig,sawzaw,grinder ect.
And use to work as a welder.

any suggestions for structural integrity :shrug:?

thank you

Reinforcements

I honestly have never been down that road of beefing a frame up. The reason is because they were designed to have no more then a 7hp Tec. for a motor. (Snowco Tri scat)

Snowco's were made 100 miles from my house and I own 6. Im all about keeping them as close to original as possible for that reason.

I have 12 trikes and the biggest engine i have on one is a 8hp. All you will gain with a bigger motor is getting up to top speed faster for the most part.
Also that rear diff probably wont like it.

hey jonkidd nice trike i think you would be able to gusset the frame if its not holding up but i have seen some of those rearends get tore up? i guess there is only 1 way to find out lol welcome to the site
:thumbsup: