SoFloKustomz Xr-100

This Project started after me purchasing an 1987 Honda xr100 off craigslist, for $100. After riding if off-road for a bit i figured it would be better with street tires somewhat like a supermoto, so I had some spare slick wheels laying around the garage. So I have disassembled the whole bike and plan to convert it to a mini street bike. Here the project goes>>>

Swingarm With rear wheel>
Here Is the rear wheel up close, it came with a disc brake on it , I made a small hub to adapt to the 3 screw mount on the wheel and the original xr 100 50tooth sprocket is bolted onto the 1/4in hub >

Here is the engine off the bike, pretty dirty not bad for 22 yrs old though, >
> Inside is really clean thought it will need a new piston and rings tho pretty low compression but suprisingly still has good power just smokes a bit. I will eventually be buying a Big bore Kit>>
, it will be powder coated all black chrome with candy blue on the all the accessories on the engine, I already started sandblasting the clutch cover just to see what the candy blue is going to look like >. Sandblasted >>

Silver Polyester powder base coat before cure >>

After Cure>>

I like the silver polyester but unfortunately that is only the base coat for the translucent blue coat. So heres the candy blue cured , the bolts I decided to keep silver>>

Enough of the eye candy for now , here goes the engine in the frame with the chain mounted and wheel complete mounted to swing arm >>

I decided to use the xr 100 triple trees but use some fork tubes I had laying around, the trees will need to be bored out slightly to fit the tubes >>

Got the bottom trees bored out the top I finish tomorrow , but here goes the forks somewhat assembled >>

Well this is enough for one day tomorrow hopefully I can get it running !

Ya I agree, Here goes one of my old minibikes I assembled in the past >>

The xr100 project yes I know isn't that small but I figured I would use the original frame and then later do modifications to it. I will keep posting as progress continues .

Yes the little bike started of a tonka 12" kids bike, I had some aluminum wheels laying around so switched those instead of the 12" spoke wheels, then added a little homelite 25cc engine with spindle drive and then added foot pegs, no welding or much fabrication , just mostly assembly.

Ya I really wanted to leave the hydraulic on there but they were a bit to wide and rub against the wheel. I will be making Springer forks eventually, these are just mostly for mock up.Yes the frame will be chopped, I will be cutting off the rear section of the frame and make it into a drop seat. The bars will be a pro-street look. Not sure about gas tank just yet .