Solved an odd torque convertor clutch problem

I was changing out the belt on my Tote Gote Nova. The torque convertor driver clutch kept pushing up against the motor so tight that it wouldn't turn over whenever I tightened the bolt down on the end of the shaft that holds the clutch to it. At first I thought my motor had seized somehow! A quick investigation revealed that this bolt holding the clutch to the shaft was too short. This meant that the bolt wasn't bottoming out soon enough in the threaded bore and wanted to push the driver half of the pulley + clutch way against the engine till the bolt and clutch assembly would bottom out. The bolt wasn't tightening fully until the clutch was literally clamping itself to the case of the engine. I had to get a slightly longer bolt than the one I was using originally from Ace Hardware so the clutch wouldn't clamp in so far by having more space between the motor and clutch. Took about a hour or more of extra time to figure out...just one of those things that happens when restoring something. And a good lesson.

Funny how a just a few fractions of an inch and a couple extra turns of a bolt can sometimes really complicate your operation.