Something to think about.

"Adrenaline actually heightens your senses and gives you the boost where you need it. Sometimes things slow down and you can react faster. Forget the exercise and go shoot in some matches in front of a lot of people and get used to the juice while shooting."

Not even freaking close. For your sake, and for your the sake of your family, PLEASE pursue proper training by a qualified individual or organization.

Adrenaline improves your fight or flight abilities. You can strike harder, faster with your body/simple tool, or you can literally freaking fly (well... on two feet). Adrenaline dumps destroy absolutely any ability to manipulate a weapon or device that requires any modicum of fine motor skill.
"Adrenaline dumps destroy absolutely any ability to manipulate a weapon or device that requires any modicum of fine motor skill." Is not a solid rule, but a good one to stick with.

After two failed marriages as a result of marrying Russian brides off of the internet who were really fat, old dudes from Croatia, I learned that anyone can pretend to be anything behind a flat screen monitor.

Every plan is good till the first shot is fired

Dogs are the best defense for family protection. They will react with instinct not emotion

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

Yeah, Im seeing a lot of that. :laugh:

We aren't talking training for a biathlon here.:001_tt2:
The video I want to see, is where the Seal describes the sleeping homeowner who awakes to see a meth-head locked and loaded aiming at him between the eyes at 3 AM.

(22 years, USMC, now long gone to seed, and can't fight his way out of a paper bag)

WrenchDad

Dogs are the best defense for family protection. They will react with instinct not emotion

Dogs are only as good as their trainer unless you own wild wolves. I dont agree that they are the "Best defense" However I will agree that having dogs doesnt hurt. I have 7 dogs, 2 Dashunds and a springger spaniel out side and 3 dashunds and a Hybrid (dashund /austrailian shepperd mix) in side. They are not trained to attack But between the outside and inside dogs NO ONE (including me and other family members) comes on our Property or in the house without us hearing about it.

Not even freaking close. For your sake, and for your the sake of your family, PLEASE pursue proper training by a qualified individual or organization.

Adrenaline dumps destroy absolutely any ability to manipulate a weapon or device that requires any modicum of fine motor skill.
#1 Are you talking for my sake? :laugh: Tell me, what training have I had? :001_tt2:

#2 "absolutely any" :eek: REALLY? It's been done a million times in a million fights, both sides get it and the one that handles it best and is better skilled has the edge. ( if you take out luck)

You don't become good at anything without practice . You can practice a ton and gain little unless it's quality.:wink:

Then plan for the second shot and shoot "instinct"ively :laugh:

And every dog is good until you he's shot dead, lock out, out numbered, poisoned,,,blablabla

Dogs are a good additive but more limited than a trained gun. People who use them for a living can tell you that.:wink:

The video I want to see, is where the Seal describes the sleeping homeowner who awakes to see a meth-head locked and loaded aiming at him between the eyes at 3 AM.

(22 years, USMC, now long gone to seed, and can't fight his way out of a paper bag)
For #1 he shouldn't be there without warning in the first place (wireless alarms are cheap) depending on where he is in relation to your arms and legs it is possible to make him shoot himself or disarm him using a plethora of known techniques . You could buy time and opportunity by offering him some powder.:laugh:

No such thing is "can't " soldier!. :laugh:

#1 Are you talking for my sake? :laugh: Tell me, what training have I had? :001_tt2:

#2 "absolutely any" :eek: REALLY? It's been done a million times in a million fights, both sides get it and the one that handles it best and is better skilled has the edge. ( if you take out luck)

You don't become good at anything without practice . You can practice a ton and gain little unless it's quality.:wink:
I really don't know what training you've ever endured, but you really need to find someone that knows what to teach instead of once again, some billy-bob or jim-jack at the local gun range.

Again, adrenaline dumps really screw with your fine motor skills unless you're a T1000.

I really don't know what training you've ever endured, but you really need to find someone that knows what to teach instead of once again, some billy-bob or jim-jack at the local gun range.

Again, adrenaline dumps really screw with your fine motor skills unless you're a T1000.
That is exactly what BillyBob would say to a novice.:laugh:

Advanced training will reduce a huge % with mechanics and mind set. the more advanced you go the more creative you have to get to keep it interesting.

You say I really need to find someone to teach? Do you REALLY want to compare who I know and worked in the industry with? I would LOVE that. :drinkup:

99% of these scenarios would end badly.
anyone that thinks they can shoot accurately while Running Around thru glass doors and then out onto a patio While the kidnapper has a Gun pointed in Your direction is insane!! :doah:
esp when the kidnapper has your kid And a gun.

plus,how many normal people have Their guns loaded and placed in the living room to begin with?
nah..random is random....:hammer:

most likely it would be a Rush to get to him,taking at least 2 hits from him and then hopefully you score with whatever you grabbed on the way out,ie,stove shovel,poker,chair,whatever was handy....
and honestly,in a situation like this go for the Eyes.
they cant hold your kid and they cant shoot you if they cant see.

no matter what,it would end badly.

"plus,how many normal people have Their guns loaded and placed in the living room to begin with?"
Thank you I have kids you can not leave a loaded gun laying around the house they must be locked up ammo to I don't know about your state but in California using the gun in the way described in the video it will land you 3-5yrs

That is exactly what BillyBob would say to a novice.:laugh:

Advanced training will reduce a huge % with mechanics and mind set. the more advanced you go the more creative you have to get to keep it interesting.

You say I really need to find someone to teach? Do you REALLY want to compare who I know and worked in the industry with? I would LOVE that. :drinkup:

Let me guess, Yeager? The one who hid on the side of the road to leave Jay to die? Mr. badass that failed the Edinburgh Risk crew?

Training helps, it really, genuinely does. Training is ALL you can do to improve your odds God forbidding the time ever DOES come. Even then, until you've been under absolute, real life/death pressure, you don't know how your body is going to react.

I for one, hopped up on adrenaline wouldn't dream of taking a shot if my child was anywhere in front of me, especially in front of the bad guy. That's an absolutely fantastic way to get your kid killed.

And this is the part where a good dog comes in handy. Try hitting something that's running 30+mph at you that just happens to be royally pissed off that you're attacking it's child.

I don't think you understand exactly what I'm getting at here. Taking that shot in that circumstance is just flat-out a BAD idea.

99% of these scenarios would end badly.
anyone that thinks they can shoot accurately while Running Around thru glass doors and then out onto a patio While the kidnapper has a Gun pointed in Your direction is insane!! :doah:
esp when the kidnapper has your kid And a gun.

plus,how many normal people have Their guns loaded and placed in the living room to begin with?
nah..random is random....:hammer:

most likely it would be a Rush to get to him,taking at least 2 hits from him and then hopefully you score with whatever you grabbed on the way out,ie,stove shovel,poker,chair,whatever was handy....
and honestly,in a situation like this go for the Eyes.
they cant hold your kid and they cant shoot you if they cant see.

no matter what,it would end badly.
99%? Where did you get that figure? I can instantly pull up 1% and there's many more.

Anyone that thinks they can shoot accurately while running around ? Hello? That is the number one game in the sport? And hostage targets/games probably top two. I suggest you go to a local three gun match and watch the girls compete and see what you think what people are capable of with rifle pistol shotgun.:thumbsup:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Colj8lv3oZM

I think you're guessing what you'd do because you never thought about it.:doah: hopefully this thread will make you think about protecting your family .

What "normal" person has a gun in their living room? To me that is normal just like having a smoke detector. I don't leave the house without one ether because a refuse to be a victim.

Forget the fireplace poker unless you've practiced with it.:laugh: and for Gawd sakes don't bring a poker to a gun fight. :drinkup:

"plus,how many normal people have Their guns loaded and placed in the living room to begin with?"
Thank you I have kids you can not leave a loaded gun laying around the house they must be locked up ammo to I don't know about your state but in California using the gun in the way described in the video it will land you 3-5yrs

If you have little kids there are many ways to safely have a gun handy, you can also carry a mag in your pocket too. Mine was shooting at a young age and thorough on gun safety. It wasn't long ago where kids brought their guns to school so they could go hunting after. Today everything is twisted.

Don't know Kalifornia laws but do know the crime rate.:laugh:

Let me guess, Yeager? The one who hid on the side of the road to leave Jay to die? Mr. badass that failed the Edinburgh Risk crew?

Training helps, it really, genuinely does. Training is ALL you can do to improve your odds God forbidding the time ever DOES come. Even then, until you've been under absolute, real life/death pressure, you don't know how your body is going to react.

I for one, hopped up on adrenaline wouldn't dream of taking a shot if my child was anywhere in front of me, especially in front of the bad guy. That's an absolutely fantastic way to get your kid killed.

And this is the part where a good dog comes in handy. Try hitting something that's running 30+mph at you that just happens to be royally pissed off that you're attacking it's child.

I don't think you understand exactly what I'm getting at here. Taking that shot in that circumstance is just flat-out a BAD idea.
I don't know if I should even bother with you, I know where you're coming from,,,,it's a chair. :laugh:

FWIW, I never liked the term " stick" , it's a nickname used by Internet commandos.

at first i thought you were Serious,and wanted to help others.
now,i see you just wanna play billy badass..
and you wanna insult others for their opinions while you Push Yours?
whatever dude.

your breakdown of my reply was..hmm lets see..ludicrous..:laugh:
you glazed right over the Fact that Most dont keep their guns loaded in the living room,and the fact that the glass doors are Shut so shooting thru them with a small caliber weapon Isnt a great idea.
plus your brilliant/:eek:ut:/ idea of shooting at the ground near the guys feet?
wheres the richochet going genius?
nvm,im sure you have another wacked answer.
im done with this thread.

fyi,im former army.
and,i share Boomsticks Opinion.

Last edited: