Sperry Rand Tri-Cart basket case find..

CaptNugget

Found this Sperry Rand Tri-Cart awhile back. Stuck it in basement and just now got around to taking pics. I got it as you see it, haven't looked it over or taken an inventory yet but looks to be mostly there anyway. It's been and is stashed until I get caught up on a few more trikes haha.
I believe I need to fab a piece for the ski yet.
Just thought I'd share now that I got pics
:thumbsup:

With all my years of being around trikes the Sperry Rand is one that I have never seen out and about. I often wondered how they were to drive.
Looks like the basket is full of the parts needed to get it ready for a new engine.
Steve

Wildman-Bill should chime in soon. He has several. There might be another pa member who has one coming to his shop soon.:detective::deal::devil2:

CaptNugget

Yeah they seem different from most. Well I have 6 and currently 75% done on #2. I'm hoping to get a lot more accomplished on them this year. Unfortunately the construction season is about to pick up which means less time for em but also means more $ for em.
I can't wait to see what others with them have to say. I'll have to get a list going soon. Thanks for all the great comments so far.

Congratulations Capt! Yep, It's a Tricub, not Tricart. Looks like a nice project and seems complete except for engine. It's a 5hp frame, so almost any 5hp Briggs flathead will work. The CAT99 driver clutch may be tough to find, but the belts are still available. If you can't find that driver, you may need to get a current 30-series clutch.

I'm getting ready to start a tandem restoration on 2 8hp Tricubs. One is complete with original elect start Briggs. It has original CAT99 clutch, but oddly you can't get the belt in the right length for 8hp, so may end up with full new clutch on this one. The other one came without engine so it gets full transplant and new 30 series clutch.

I have a ski accessory too, so I can show you what you need to complete that.

At your disposal for consultation.

With all my years of being around trikes the Sperry Rand is one that I have never seen out and about. I often wondered how they were to drive.
Looks like the basket is full of the parts needed to get it ready for a new engine.
Steve
Steve,
It seems that not too many of the Sperry trikes made it too far west. I been following these trikes for a while and it seems that most have nested between NY state and IL/WI, with a few pockets in TX and the southeast. I was however, chasing a Minicub deal in Denver a couple of years ago. I guess wherever they had strong dealers, they were popular.

CaptNugget

PM sent for pics.
I've heard n noticed most are located in Midwest. I'm hopefully moving southwest or at least south within a few years, better keep snatching them up! Lol. Ima need 2 stinkin semi's if I do move 1 just for toys haha