Sprocket size 60 vs 70 teeth

I have a Baha Dirt bug with a 6.5 Predator with no gov.How much top end will I pick up with a 60 tooth vs my 70 and will it kill my low end alot and make it shake on take off,or should I put a 12 tooth clutch in it and keep the 70 tooth,I drive it most on the street and some times at the big park with alot of flat grass.

I think I'm going to Ubly Dragway for the 1/8 mile races to have some fun:scooter: will 70 tooth rear gear run out of steam and will the 60 tooth be better I have no governor on it took it of.Or I was thinking on putting a Comet Tav 3/4 drive converter,and if so which one would be the best for 1/8 mile drag 10T #40/41 or 12T #35 and which rear sprocket should I used :doah: any info will help new to this

Last edited:
Its a DB?? you cant use the #41, your rear sprocket is a #35, as far as I know its not easy to find a #41 rear for the DB. Im not to sure which would be better on the drag:confused: In my thinking the Tav is better for offroad, but I may be wrong! Ive read of ppl using a 60T but you will lack torque, on the drag it might not matter, iono. GL:scooter:

which one would be the best for 1/8 mile drag 10T #40/41 or 12T #35 and which rear sprocket should I used :doah: any info will help new to this

However, you will be limited by your CAM if you are really wanting to top out high. The stock cam will only allow you about 5-5500RPM. You also need stiffer valve springs if you removed the governor. Not to mention (as Strigoi stated) a billet flywheel and con-rod. Otherwise, you're gambling with your engine and your life!