sprocket size???

just got an older lil indian roller, it has a 36 tooth 420 chain back sprocket. its in good cond. should I keep running that or change out to a 60 tooth or so larger?????? what would the difference be in top or bottom end???? thanks much for any info

Do you have any idea what model you have? Without photos or Model ID, members can't help. I don't know of a Lil indian that came with a 420 sprocket and chain. By the way, google within the site to find the Lil Indian literature, as that will help.

Do you have any idea what model you have? Without photos or Model ID, members can't help. I don't know of a Lil indian that came with a 420 sprocket and chain. By the way, google within the site to find the Lil Indian literature, as that will help.
I know all the ones I see look like they have a larger diameter sprocket. really just wondering what the difference would be using a larger diameter sprocket compared to a small diameter

Long story short: larger sprocket in the rear = less top end speed but you'll have better take off acceleration ( you'll just reach a lower top speed faster)
Sounds like you might have a roller that someone put a pit bike or some other Wheel on? 36 in the back is a low number for a " one speed". Keep searching this site. You'll find tons of answers on gearing etc.