Stock predator 212 issues

Hello all happy to be a new member !
I have a stock predator 212 that i was told was siezed due to running with no oil, however the engine wasnt seized, had oil, and turns over nicely when the spark plug is removed

But when i reinstall the spark plug and attempt to pull, it becomes hard to pull, air comes out of the carb, it backfires and kicks back any suggestions?

First, welcome to oldminibikes !
Second, what were you doing when this happened, or when did you first notice it?
Third, what does the oil look like? Black, milky brown, shiny metal flake silver? and is it full?
It sounds like your compression release is not working. It is a little weight and a lever on your camshaft that holds the exhaust valve open just a crack when you are trying to start it. When it starts, the engine speed will cause the little weight to move outward and the exhaust valve operates normally.
If the valve lash, or clearance gets loose, the valve will stay closed even though the compression release is working correctly. Remove your valve cover and see if your rocker arms are really loose. remove the spark plug and put a finger in the hole. Pull the rope slowly until you feel pressure.
Put a wooden dowel or pencil, screwdriver if that is all you have...in the plug hole and turn the flywheel until the piston is all the way up. Adjust both rocker arms so there is .003 inch clearance.
Let us know if that solves the problem.

First, welcome to oldminibikes !
Second, what were you doing when this happened, or when did you first notice it?
Third, what does the oil look like? Black, milky brown, shiny metal flake silver? and is it full?
It sounds like your compression release is not working. It is a little weight and a lever on your camshaft that holds the exhaust valve open just a crack when you are trying to start it. When it starts, the engine speed will cause the little weight to move outward and the exhaust valve operates normally.
If the valve lash, or clearance gets loose, the valve will stay closed even though the compression release is working correctly. Remove your valve cover and see if your rocker arms are really loose. remove the spark plug and put a finger in the hole. Pull the rope slowly until you feel pressure.
Put a wooden dowel or pencil, screwdriver if that is all you have...in the plug hole and turn the flywheel until the piston is all the way up. Adjust both rocker arms so there is .003 inch clearance.
Let us know if that solves the problem.
It wasnt my engine but a buddies he wanted to take it off a dead generator but wanted me to see if i can save it lol,

So the oil was black, i popped open the valve cover and noticed the pushrod on the exhaust valve was popped out, the oil up there had a bit of sludge, so i reset it and that got rid of the kickback, however the valves were stuck, so im gonna try to use some "persuasion" on them to free em and see if i can get it to fire up

It wasnt my engine but a buddies he wanted to take it off a dead generator but wanted me to see if i can save it lol,

So the oil was black, i popped open the valve cover and noticed the pushrod on the exhaust valve was popped out, the oil up there had a bit of sludge, so i reset it and that got rid of the kickback, however the valves were stuck, so im gonna try to use some "persuasion" on them to free em and see if i can get it to fire up
It might be best to pull the head. And see if you can gently remove the valves.

If the valves are sticking, then I'd say the seats are not sealing also.
Leaking valve seats are a power killer.