Subaru EX21 Engine? Opinions?

I see a local CL ad for a Subaru EX21 off a power washer for sale ($100) which is resonable to me as he said it works great, starts on first pull blah blah etc etc..

Anyway I have next to no karting experience and have that old MTD Yard kart and the '64 or '65 Rupp Lancer that I posted about last week that both need engines. So I'm going to pick it up for sure but I'm just wondering what you all think about it and any special considerations you can tell me about would be wonderful. For instance mounting. Is this thing gonna mount on that old Rupp without some modification?

Worst case I have a mini bike I can throw it on...

Thanks all

CarPlayLB

make sure you check the PTO shaft. Some power washers use a splined shaft or a tapered shaft...you want the straight, 3/4" keyed shaft!

CarPlayLB

It is workable, just make sure the shaft is long enough for a clutch.

ARC Racing makes parts for the Subaru too (I am the poet!)
6629 ARC Billet Flywheel Subaru EX21

Just make sure you get it cheap...just remember, and NEW Predator at Harbor Freight is $99.00 if you have the coupon! Don't pay too much for the Subaru!

I've heard nothing but good about the Subaru/Robin engines. I'd be at $50 or less if it was really nice.

Otherwise, go buy a shiny, brand new predator for $99 as mentioned before.

I would check the shaft size as CarPlay said before and make sure it runs also. I have them on a couple of bikes and they run awesome and start on the first or second pull. The stock airbox and exhaust smother the motor quite a bit and should be the first things to go. I guess if you get it cheap, go grab it.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
predator engines can be ok right from the box, or you spend up to $300-$400 and make a real monster engine, or anywhere in between.:thumbsup: