Tach

gbabins1

I believe they can work on any motor. I don't have one... just what I've read. The wire just wraps around the plug wire from what I understand. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

By "hot rod tach", do you mean a round needle type gauge? They have round tachs on eBay that will work on single cylinder engines, but I forget if any were had needles. Rather, most had LEDs, if not all.

I'll check my eBay later, if I did find a dial type, it should still be saved.

I did find a dial type. An Equus 6088.

Last edited:

rmm727

iequus has a model with an inductive pickup that will read 1 cyl engines. think the model is 8086. I have it and can vouch that it works.

Yeah i mean with a needle. just an idea mainly for aesthetics and just to see how high she will go when i finish it.

also thinks for the links and replies. :smile: Now I wonder if i can find 1 with a lower RPM range.
"hell yeah it red lines at 13" *points to Tecumseh*:laugh:

EDIT: thanks rmm727 This is on the right track, http://www.iequus.com/Product/Detail/62FB66B7-8867-4ED8-A2B5-547676208C29 , now if there was just one better sized for a motor cycle it'd be perfect.

Last edited:
Yeah i mean with a needle. just an idea mainly for aesthetics and just to see how high she will go when i finish it.

also thinks for the links and replies. :smile: Now I wonder if i can find 1 with a lower RPM range.
"hell yeah it red lines at 13" *points to Tecumseh*:laugh:
Since that HS40 you are talking about should pull a safe 5K, you are right in the middle of the range on that tach and it'll be fine.

From an asthetics point, it has zero value, but from a practical standpoint, (original flywheel, plus go fast parts) it has great value. You can actually see the RPM and get off the throttle before the flywheel crawls up your pants leg.

OR, you can post here at exactly what RPM a stock HS wheel blows up at.

yeah that's the hard part. i though about making a test bench an spinning up a tapered shaft on a lather and see if it can take the 7k the old Tecumseh race kart motors would do.