Tav 2 belt friction

I recently purchased a chinese knockoff Tav 2 for my predator212 mini bike. It was kind of a pain to install( had to raise the motor in the frame to clear the mounting plate and driven pully) but I got it on and working. Now when I roll the bike forward, the friction from the belt on the pullys stops the bike from rolling easily. Its like Ive got the brakes locked on or something. Is there an adjustmant for this?

toomanytoys

The most common cause of problems with TAVs is an alignment issue. Make sure you sheaves are aligned properly. A quick google search will show you the proper way. Since you are using(assuming!) the stock mounting plate, and didn't slot holes or move it around, the distance from the Driven to the driver should be correct.

I see so many people come on here, post their TAV is binding, eating belts, or not working correctly in general and 99% of the time its an alignment issue.

Also, maybe pop your chain off and make sure you aren't binding that side either.

The most common cause of problems with TAVs is an alignment issue. Make sure you sheaves are aligned properly. A quick google search will show you the proper way. Since you are using(assuming!) the stock mounting plate, and didn't slot holes or move it around, the distance from the Driven to the driver should be correct.

I see so many people come on here, post their TAV is binding, eating belts, or not working correctly in general and 99% of the time its an alignment issue.

Also, maybe pop your chain off and make sure you aren't binding that side either.
Took it apart, then put it together again. The pulley alignment is straight, and the chain isnt binding. The friction is being caused by the belt being stretched tight by the driven pulley pushing it all the way to the top. If i could just get it to open up a little , the belt would go down and let up on the front pulley. Can I preload the spring or something to get the belt to sit looser at idle?

SO if you reach in and squeeze the Primary clutch it opens with a slight pop....
Then you have enough slack....

But as it is it does not fully open and at idle when you try and stop it stalls?

SO if you reach in and squeeze the Primary clutch it opens with a slight pop....
Then you have enough slack....

But as it is it does not fully open and at idle when you try and stop it stalls?
When it is running it works fine. Its when its not runnung tha belt is too tight and i cant roll the bike

Not to high jack the thread , but if you put the belt on the driven, then slip it on the open driver. Should it be very loose and easy to get on the pulley shaft? Once on, should the belt have any slack or is snug ok? It's a new belt but could be wrong size.
My center to center shaft reads 6-5/8", the setup is from a go kart and I don't know what that center to center was.

It's a Bando belt , says variable drive motorcycle. With some very fine numbers in red.