TAV question...

07D675

Sorry if this is a repost but I'm heading to work and pressed for time. (no time to search) I was wondering what,if any mod you need to make to mount one on a mini, if you already have a clutch setup. You can redirect me to this topic if it's already been posted and delete this thread if needed.
Thanks Minibuddies!!!:thumbsup:

07D675

Will the front and rear sprockets line up the same as with a centrifugal clutch or will you need a jackshaft.
Not a problem for me to fab one up, I'm just curious. Also do they add more speed or just torque. Anything like a cvt trans?

OldMan

Alignment just depends... is the sprocket on your clutch facing in or out?

It shouldn't be off by much, in either case.

It is a cvt.

07D675

Thanks for the info guys. As far as the clutch goes, the drive sprocket is to the inside. I guess if it's off by just a little, I could make some stand-offs/spacers to line up the sprockets. I work on high-speed machinery and some of them have what's called "speed selectors" on them which work similar to a TAV. Only one pulley is adjustable tho' but it changes the drive ratio (manually) by moving the drive pulleys closer together or farther apart.
Guess I should've realized how the TAVs work but I did'nt know both the drive and the driven changed ratios. Here's a pic of the speed selector I was talking about. And thanks again.....