TEC H40 Govenor removal - I'm sure "again".......

First let me stress the point, I'm not removing it permanently.

I have an H40 I'm playing with. Going to "rebuild" it. :shrug:

I have it tore down, but I can't see how to take the govenor off the side case. I just want to take if off for cleaning purposes only, then I'll put it back on when it goes back together.

Any service manual recommendations?

Thanks,
Dan.

Theres like a little one way snapper washer thing clipping it on...

Don't take it off... One way.. :hang:

If the engine was not full of water for twenty years, theres no reason to remove it.. As long as it turns and the weights wiggle, you're fine..

Theres like a little one way snapper washer thing clipping it on...

Don't take it off... One way.. :hang:

If the engine was not full of water for twenty years, theres no reason to remove it.. As long as it turns and the weights wiggle, you're fine..
So a little brake-clean/de-greaser shouldn't be an issue to the plastic gear? :shrug:

That's all that I was worried about.

Thanks,
Dan.

i have shot them with carb cleaner and dried them off wright after and havent had a issue with doing like that . or dip it in a bucket of gas and clean it out and dry it , gas shouldnt harm it as there is gas in the oil after a motor runs .

Yeah carb cleaner or whatever would be OK on that thing.. BREAK Cleaner WILL wreck rubber and some softer stuff if it sets on it... But that cover you can clean with Q-Tips if need be..

Yeah squirting that gear won't hurt it.. Just dab a little oil down the shaft between the gear and rod before putting it all together again..