Tec powersport heads.

maddcarson

I bought this engine from a guy off of here and Its a 6hp Tec. I have an old 5hp Tec and its also a powersport. I was thinking i could do what The honda owners do and switch the heads so that theres more compression or something. will this work for me?

It all depends on how the motor is built. If it's the same head you can swap them out.. Good chance it's the SAME head though and won't help ya any. depends n the chamber size of the head, valve sizes, all kinds of stuff.. You'd be best to just have the machine work done on one by someone who does that kind of stuff.. Mill it for compression, por polish it for flow, heavier springs and retainers... that kind of stuff.. I think I'd start small tearing apart junk flattys for experience before ya go taking an OHV apart.. They have more gaskets and moving gizmos that all need to be right.

maddcarson

thing is that the engine i bought has no govoner so i figure i will either put a govoner on or find a billet rod, flywheel, and heaver valve springs for it. Problem is that Ive never seen or herd about aluminum rods and flywheels for a Tec OHH60