Tecumseh billet rods?

I have a hsk50 I am looking to do a mild build on, was wondering if there's anywhere to get a billet rod for it? What about cams?

The rod in my engine has the cap bolt at angle like a ohv rod... would that one work? Hs50 rod would fit. I couldn't find anything online.

Last edited:
I have a couple like OND posted ... bought them for my H50 but they wont fit that motor .. don't know much about them ..

The listing titles said ...

"Tecumseh Billet Con Rod Racing tecumseh connecting rod 36972k"

and

Tecumseh H50 Billet Con Rod Rupp Taco Ruttman mini bike Go Kart Racing

Both are the same size.

$25 each shipped priority to the lower 48

The billet rods Tecumseh made for the H50 had a 1 inch rod journal like the briggs. These engines where Tecumseh H50 motorsports. The crank will have to get turned down on a h50 for it to fit.

After further research it appears the arc racing 5.5 ohv rod fits
It will. The same seller With the rod OND posted had dyno cams that would fit the hs50 as well but I think they are long gone. I had one in a hs50 I built and it was a monster. Member David Wulf did a thread on one he built. I basically copied his. He made an intake to fit a clone honda carb on it. I also spoke with member delray at winder and he built an ohv 5.5 hp Tecumseh for one of his thunderbolts. His bike flew around the circle track. I believe he will be updating his build thread soon with more details. The stuff he was telling me he did was amazing. I would definetly be watching out for details in his thread. Information is out there. You just have to search a little for it.

Thanks. Yeah it's been a few years since I have built any sort of Tecumseh but I thought there was more out there. I was always into 5hp Briggs engines

MB165

you can send your cam to dyncams and they will put whatever grind you want on it. last one I had one done was around $140

I have a couple like OND posted ... bought them for my H50 but they wont fit that motor .. don't know much about them ..

The listing titles said ...

"Tecumseh Billet Con Rod Racing tecumseh connecting rod 36972k"

and

Tecumseh H50 Billet Con Rod Rupp Taco Ruttman mini bike Go Kart Racing

Both are the same size.

$25 each shipped priority to the lower 48
Still got these?

Yes I used that one in my rupp build. Runs great but no compression release which makes starting a challenge. Also I now use this rod in all my hs50 builds works great.
6282 ARC Billet Rod Tecumseh 5.5 OHV 3.484