Tecumseh H35 and Rupp Roadster2

I have a Tecumseh H35 that came with a Rupp Roadster2. I'm trying to figure out if it is the original engine or not.
It is a Black engine with a Rupp decal on the cover. The number plate has this on it.
Model H35-45348N Serial 11380. It has the 3" long crank snout on it.
The bike has serial number is 2207815.

What can you guys tell me about both the engine and bike?
Thanks
Danford1

Not the original motor....Roadster II came with the HS-40 lighted motor. But you can put the H35 on your Scrambler and the HS-40 on your Roadster now. Just a suggestion....

When you sold the Scrambler, did you sell a Roadster2 at the same time? The guy I bought both of them from said he got them both at the same time.

In doing my research after I posted this thread I found out the Roadster should have a lighted HS40. I have (3) HS 40's but none of them have a lighting coil :-(

I'm pretty certain the H35 came from the Scrambler I have. It is a 1971 Tec from what I could find out and Rupp used some 71 engines on their 72 bikes. The guy told me it was the original engine for the Roadster2 but he was mistaken...

Thanks for the fast reply.

Danford1

Your welcome....You are correct with companies using the motors they had...you do get some overlap in years where 71 could be on a 72 bike. And I traded it off about 3-4 years ago( or more)...then he sold it on Craigslist...then that person sold it on Craigslist..etc etc. lol

I can tell you the engine isn't a 348N. Probably 348H if it's a 1971 and came on a Rupp.
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner !
You are correct, it is an H not an N. I had to look close but I can see it is an H. It did come on a Rupp plus it has the 3" crank snout.
I'm now certain it originally came on the Scrambler I have. The Scambler came with 3 1/2 hp Tec Power Sport engine, natural color block with black pull start cover. Plus it has a black slanted intake. The 71 H35 is all black but has a new looking natural finish
non slant normal H35 intake. It all makes sense. Someone took off the original H35 for whatever reason and replaced it with a new 3 1/2 Power Sport then swapped intakes so the Rupp bike would have the slanted intake.

I bought both the Scrambler and the Roadster2. My plan was to just ride the Scrambler as originality doesn't matter if I'm just toolin around enjoying the ride.
Then I was going to fix up and sell the Roadster2 because at the time, I thought the black H35 was for the Roadster2 and had a lighting coil. That was wrong on both counts. Sooooooo now I have to decide which one to sell.
Do I sell the Scrambler with the original engine (I can get it running, I'm sure) ? It would be a running driving bike that just needs new paint and a new seat cover.
OR
Do I sell the Roadster2 with a HS40 that has the slanted intake, but the HS40 isn't the original engine. It doesn't have a lighting coil. Both would be running driving bikes. I need to find out which one is more desirable thus which one I could get the most jingle for.

I know this forum frowns on what is it worth posts. That isn't what I'm asking.
I want to know which is more desirable, an original engine running 72 Scrambler or a running 72 Roadster with a non original HS40?

Danford1

Danford1